Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Misery Halloween Masks


I just thought I would post the masks I have for sale as of right now. I'm constantly working on new projects so check back soon for new stuff. All of these masks were made by me and if you would like to buy one then send me an email. They can be ready to ship within a week most of the times.


Leatherface masks
The first two masks I ever completed were these two Leatherface masks. The first one based on the 74 killing mask from the original movie but done in my own unique style. These were done in sets of 20 and and once that has run out it will be retired. Here is a reference picture and my sculpt. It's not bad for my first.




And for the finished mask, here are a few pictures. These are my protype masks and look very similar to the mask as you would recieve it.





And here is my next Leatherface mask. It is based on the 74 pretty lady mask from the end of the original movie.


This one was a lot of fun since it is one of my absolute favorite horror movie masks. It's very strange and unique. It was a great challenge compared to my first mask since for this one I was trying to get as close as possible to the original mask. For this one I even took extra time to give it a very good skin texture. It feels real and is quite creepy.



Here are some pictures of my prototype masks taken last Halloween. I use real leather strips to weave the back and front of the mask together and handsew the wigs to the masks. Each one is also hand painted and end up looking very good.







After working so long on my second mask I decided I wanted to be Leatherface for Halloween. We had a huge halloween party and tons of people showed up and we all had a lot of fun. It's just sad I didn't get many pictures except of my costume pictures. I made my own tie to match the one worn by leatherface in the original movie and used a cheap suit I had. After spraying the shirt with red dye and picking up a chainsaw I was done. So here is the final product. I'll eventually get dressed up again and take some really great pictures but as of right now this is it.




It takes a lot longer to finish one of these masks than you would think since each one come with a quality wig hand sewn to the back half. Also, each one is hand painted with sponges and this takes many hours. Even though it's a ton of work and every Halloween I swear I'll no longer be making any more I always end up coming back when my hands get some rest. It's a lot of fun and afterwards they look amazing in person. This past Halloween I sold a handfull to a local halloween store and had them available online at one of the best halloween mask websites but in the off season you can contact me directly so I can garuntee your product is shipped and quickly and also if you wanted it customized I can do that too. My email if you hadn't seen it at the top of the page is Miserymasks@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. How can I purchase one of the pretty lady letherface masks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you go about purchasing one of these masks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Head over to MISERYMASK.COM for all of your halloween and horror needs.

      Delete